HomeForum for SaleCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Moroccan Consulate in London – Have Things Changed for the Better?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aziz Samih
Rank

City : London

PostSubject: The Moroccan Consulate in London – Have Things Changed for the Better?   Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:57 pm

3D Animated Flags--By 3DFlags.com

My relationship with the Moroccan Consulate spans over sixteen years. Over time, my involvement developed from merely that of an ordinary Moroccan citizen, who would occasionally visit the Consulate for administrative purposes, to an active community member who would visit or attend meetings at 97-99 Praed Street in relation to community issues.

In view of the above, I can honestly say that as late as five years ago, our Consulate services were behind the times, often delivered by people who lacked the very essentials of customer care.

Fortunately, with the appointment Mr. Anas Khales, as Consul General, reform gathered momentum and the Consulate started to feel less intimidating, in fact, more of a welcoming place.

Mr. Hassan Jamal, who is the Acting Consul General, is indeed endeavouring to build on the success of his predecessor and is keen to engage the wider community.

On balance, things have changed for the better, albeit slowly. One thing is certain, reform is a two-way process. Rather than placing the onus solely on our consulate staff, it is important that responsibility is assumed by both service provider and service user.

As proud Moroccans, we should be made to feel very much at home at our consulate and should expect to be treated fairly. In return, we should be prepared to co-operate with the Consulate rules and regulations.

I often see some members of our community who seem to have no qualms about jumping the queue at the Consulate; something they would not even entertain doing outside. There are even those who try to bend the rules, using the age old tactic of alternating between pleading and intimidation, depending on the occasion, hindering all attempts for reform. This irresponsible behaviour has to be stopped.

In keeping with His Majesty’s aspirations for His subjects abroad, we should play more of an active role in contributing to our beloved country’s development. A good way to start is to engage more constructively with the Moroccan authorities here in the UK and avoid all kinds of cynicism.

Moroccans in the UK, on the other hand, should be encouraged to contribute feedback and suggestions about Consulate services. They should be able to challenge inconsistencies in the system and criticise and complain about those who have acted unprofessionally, as long as it is done responsibly and considerately, without fear of reprisal.

Let’s be united. Let’s not give in to indifference and negative thoughts! Let’s not forget that being Moroccan is what brings us all together, regardless of dialect, region or ethnicity.

The above is not an attack on the Consulate or an attempt to win favours with those in charge. It is a testimony of someone who is proud to be Moroccan and is actively working towards better community relations!

Together, we can do better!
Back to top Go down
3la Bal
Rank

PostSubject: Re: The Moroccan Consulate in London – Have Things Changed for the Better?   Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:12 am

By treating the community with dignity ,respect and consideration; I am sure we will lead the way in fairness and human rights.{ Both Ways } God bless all.
Back to top Go down
salmi

City : london

PostSubject: Re: The Moroccan Consulate in London – Have Things Changed for the Better?   Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 am

كلنا كأفراد في الجالية المغربية سعداء بالتغير الحاصل في القنصلية، حيث أصبحت الأمور أكثر مصداقية و التزام في الآونة الأخيرة، لكنني أظن أننا ما زلنا نعاني من مشكل افتقار بعض موظفي هذه المؤسسة إلى مهارة مهمة جدا و هي خدمة العملاء التي أتمنى أن تتحسن بدورها قريبا.
Back to top Go down
alghomari
Rank

City : lonodn

PostSubject: Re: The Moroccan Consulate in London – Have Things Changed for the Better?   Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:00 pm

I can not say for sure how things are in the Consulate nowadays but I hope, and I must be postive , the times of poor management, unprofessionalism and above all incompetence are over .
The last time I was there dated back to five or six years ago, and it was not a place where you would like to sort out few documentations out.It was by all means a very depressing experience. And on top of that, the female staff who entered my personal details manually on the passport had such a bad handwriting you could certainly assume that she did not make it to a secondary school.I hope she had gone ages ago as I had few delays with Immigration in Europe which have been a result of her terrible handwriting.
Back to top Go down
Nfoukh

City : Anglesey

PostSubject: Re: The Moroccan Consulate in London – Have Things Changed for the Better?   Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:56 am

[quote="3la Bal"]By treating the community with dignity ,respect and consideration; I am sure we will lead the way in fairness and human rights.{ Both Ways } God bless all.[/quote
Evil or Very Mad The subject of Moroccan administration makes my blood boil. I had nothing but bad experiences at the hands of officials both at the embassy and the consulate in London. I left Morocco in the seventies and settled in the UK ever since. In all this time I visited the embassy once and the consulate twice, none of these experiences left me wanting to declare that I was proud to be associated with any of the officials or staff I had to deal with. They made me feel as though I was intruding or disturbing their gathering, it was a lot like those visits I remember I had to make to the town hall back home in Morocco. Cattle markets are better organised than those establishments. I have a suspicion that the staff for the embassy and consulat are specially selected to humiliate Moroccans abroad, but that presuposes that they know what they are doing in the first place. My first visit in the eighties was to the embassy and it left me angry and outraged at the behaviour of the staff. My second visit in the nineties was to the consulate and it was an even worse experience. My last visit was to the consulate this year and, I am sorry to say that, it was no better. The offices looked shabby, neglected on the outside, the inside was dirty, poorly decorated, badly equipped and a very poor representation of Morocco Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
3la Bal
Rank

PostSubject: Re: The Moroccan Consulate in London – Have Things Changed for the Better?   Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:27 am

affraid Back to square one???????????
Back to top Go down
3la Bal
Rank

PostSubject: Re: The Moroccan Consulate in London – Have Things Changed for the Better?   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:46 am

They are going Back to the OLD tricks........???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Moroccan Consulate in London – Have Things Changed for the Better?   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lhadra 3lik Forum :: MOROCCAN COMMUNITY SERVICES :: CONSULATE SERVICES-
Jump to: